There are 1.5 billion cows on the planet that together burp out 5% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. That’s 2x more emissions than the world’s fleet of airplanes. Volta Greentech is on a mission to work with the beef and dairy industry to reduce emissions to mitigate global warming. By providing farmers with the means to drastically reduce the methane emissions produced by dairy cows and beef cattle, the agriculture sector can take a massive leap in going sustainable.
At Volta Greentech, we believe that with the right team, we can change the future. For success, it is crucial to recruit world-class experts and highly driven individuals who want to join our mission.
As Head of Manufacturing you will lead our manufacturing efforts. That means that you will build up large-scale factories to enable the production of Volta Seafeed that will transform the food industry. We are a tightly knit team, and you’ll work together with our founders, business team and R&D team in developing all manufacturing aspects.
Volta is a new company, in a fast-changing environment. The company will evolve, and your role, responsibilities and deliverables will change with it.
- Lead the manufacturing strategy and execute tactical plans to scale up production of our macroalgae based feed supplement by working closely with R&D and Engineering team
- Develop strategic partnership with key production partners and suppliers
- Lead / assist in recruitment of key team members
- Supply chain management
- Project management of site selection and site construction from idea to start up to assure early choices and decisions are made to maximize speed and scale up.
- Work closely with R&D and Engineering team on development of Volta Greentech’s production blueprint to ensure excellent production results optimized for low-cost, high output production.
- Financial cost breakdown and budgeting
- Degree in Engineering
- Purpose driven
- Experience of working in a startup
- Experience of leading teams to take manufacturing from lab scale to large scale production
- Experience with developing and commercializing technologies within food, beverages, biotechnology, life sciences or synthetic biology sector.
- A working knowledge of a wide range of food and bio manufacturing processes
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead large manufacturing expansion projects
- A deep expertise in operations and quality management leveraging LEAN, six-sigma and/or other leading metrics-driven methodologies; Known for establishing an operating system and cadence based on KPIs.
- Problem solving: you thrive in change, learn fast and view challenges as growth opportunities
- Excellent execution: you get things done, fast and with high quality
- Team player: you believe a good company starts from within, and act accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and are a hard working, self-motivated individual.
- A skilled prioritizer
If you are ready to take on some of our generations greatest challenges and feel that you are the one we are looking for, please send us your CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org